Talk

Advanced search

8 month old combination feeding advice

(3 Posts)
Katie81c Thu 23-May-13 17:05:09

Hi just looking for some advice/experience. dd is bf in the morning eats 3 meals, 1 snack and two formula bottles - one at three and one at 7.30.
She is only drinking between 1-6oz at 3pm and 4ozs at 7.30pm. I do add up to 4oz into her food but it doesn't seem enough. She is generally happy and looks healthy, chubby and her weight gain is good. But at 8 months is that small amount of milk enough, I know the guidelines are 500-600ml but she is no-where near that.

Any advice is much appreciated.

AmandinePoulain Fri 24-May-13 08:33:51

Both of mine aren't great milk drinkers - dd1 (now 5) pretty much gave up drinking any milk from any source at about 11mo - for about a year she'd drink that expensive growing up milk from a cup but when she got to 3 I stopped buying it, it seemed ridiculous making up formula for a 3yo! She will eat cheese and fromage frais though so we get calcium in that way.

Dd2 is 9mo and not keen either - she bfs morning and evening but I'm not sure how much she gets, she only takes 100mls max from a bottle when I'm at work (I work nights). When I'm working I offer her feeds through the day too and she will have a bit but doesn't stay on for long. She loves her solids though, and I put 3oz of formula on her cereal to get some in that way. Both dds seem healthy, I don't really know what else I can do really!

Katie81c Fri 24-May-13 16:04:50

That makes me feel better, everyone else I speak to says there lo are on much more. I guess they must get what they need cause dd seems really happy. Just need to stop worrying smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now