Talk

Advanced search

We've spent weeks researching and testing breast pumps and bottles in real homes with real families. Read our baby feeding bottle and breast pump reviews to find out which ones were awarded Mumsnet Best.

Dream Feed

(6 Posts)
Chloe55 Tue 23-May-06 16:13:09

I am thinking of introducing a dreamfeed for ds. He is 14wks old and has started to wake regularly through the night and I seem to have fallen into a routine of giving him a bottle at 3am (he was sleeping through for about 2 weeks). He is ff, I have swopped his milk from SMA Gold to White in the hope that he will feel fuller for longer but this hasn't helped either. Most of the time when he wakes I pop his dummy back in and he goes back off but he just cries and cries at the 3am wake so I'm guessing he must be hungry. Do you think it would be a good idea to introduce a dreamfeed? And if so, do you give the same amount in his bottle that he has during the day? And if I do this would you try controlled crying at the 3am wake to wean him back out of it?

Hoopoe Tue 23-May-06 21:10:00

I give my 13 week old dd a dream feed at 10:30 PM and she sleeps through til morning. She's b/f so not sure about the quantity. It sounds like your ds is hungry! Definitely too young to do controlled crying! Please please don't - he just wants some food. If he gets food at 10:30 he most likely won't wake up at 3.

HTH

Chloe55 Wed 24-May-06 07:38:00

I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo happy!!!!!!!

Tried the dreamfeed last night at 10.30pm (he did wake up a little and cried for a very short while after) but..............he slept until 6.55am

We had a really bad day yesterday though, he wouldn't nap well during the day so was really ratty for the majority of it. So, I'm not sure whether it was the fact he was knackered or the dreamfeed or the combination of the two. Either way I got 8hrs sleep!

Hoopoe Wed 24-May-06 19:11:34

Fantastic!

UniSarah Thu 25-May-06 22:25:02

In a dream feed do your babies stay "asleep"? I do a late night 11pm ish feed for my lad, but I do have to wake him up or he won't suckle.

Chloe55 Fri 26-May-06 08:01:41

Mine woke the first night, but stayed asleep for the last two.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: