Talk

Advanced search

FORMULA FEEDING - IBIZA, ANY ADVICE

(12 Posts)
tinytitch Tue 23-May-06 09:32:26

DUE TO GO TO IBIZA FOR A WEEK AT WEEKEND WITH DD 5MONTHS. I HAVE BOUGHT ENOUGH FORMULA/CARTONS ETC BUT AM STILL WORRIED THAT I WILL RUN OUT OR SOMETHING WILL HAPPEN TO MY BAGS! HAS ANYONE SEEN ENGLISH FORMULAS ON SALE? (WE ARE GOING TO LARGE RESORT) WE USUALLY USE COW AND GATE.

ALSO AM STILL CONFUSED OVER WHETHER EVIAN SHOULD BE BOILED BEFORE MAKING FEEDS, SEEMS TO BE LOTS OF CONFLICTING ADVICE.

PLEASE HELP!!!

tinytitch Tue 23-May-06 12:45:03

anyone?

tinytitch Tue 23-May-06 15:12:55

BUMP

bluejelly Tue 23-May-06 15:49:09

I imagine they would sell it there, lots of expats and english around

heavenis Tue 23-May-06 16:07:53

Does your travel agent have any info for you. There is usual a main chemist place which may supply it for you.

tinytitch Tue 23-May-06 20:01:05

Not had a lot of luck with travel agents, i'm sure that everything will be fine and dd will have plenty of formula and if worse happens spanish formula can't be much different. As for the evian question even the heath visitor didn't know!

LucyJu Tue 23-May-06 20:25:45

I would imagine that C&G have an advice line. Maybe the number is on the formula packet or on the C&G website. Ring them up and they should advise you - that is what my friend did before she went on holiday.
HTH.

tinytitch Wed 24-May-06 07:53:33

can't believe that i havent tried that LucyJu, will call them later - thankyou

vitomum Wed 24-May-06 07:59:52

Ds was still on a bottle of formula when i went to the algarve in portugal last year. i bought a tub of my usual brand, aptamil, out there. But when made up it was totally different - really really thick to the extent taht ds couldn't get it out the bottle. i don't know whether this is one of those things where differemt tastes mean products are different?? but i would def take my own if in that situation again. have a lovely holiday.

peaches27 Wed 24-May-06 16:43:10

You can use Evian without boiling. This has been posted on here before, but do what I have just done and try some at home, just to make sure your little one doesnt throw up or reject it or something. Ive tried it and we are OK with it (we use Cow and Gate too, and we are going to Minorca). In fact, dont boil the Evian as its supposed to concentrate the mineral content or something. Our little one will also drink Evian on its own which is useful to know.

I have thought about ringing Cow and Gate too as I dont expect they will have it but you never know.

tinytitch Thu 25-May-06 21:51:53

good idea peaches - i love minorca have been several times, don't remember seeing cow and gate but wasn't really looking (the other two are 12 and 9)!!. Enjoy it. Have you been before, because i have been 5 times and have stayed all over the island so if you want any hints or tips i may be able to help.

peaches27 Sat 27-May-06 22:23:46

Have been once before and stayed at Sa Caleta (sp) which is a mile or two away from Cuidadella. We are making a last minute booking but have looked at Sa Caleta again, and also Punta Prima. We have heard that there isnt a lot to do at Punta Prima, but with a 3yo and a 6 mo we arent exactly looking for non stop erotic cabaret.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: