Talk

Advanced search

Winding tips

(5 Posts)
AlisonL1981 Thu 16-May-13 23:15:04

Hi, I know this has probably been asked many timed but does anyone have tips for getting up a baby's wind?

We give infacol before feeds and gripe water after.

Hes really struggling. You can hear his tummy gurgling when he feeds.

Vividmemories Thu 16-May-13 23:45:35

What are you doing at the mo? We found the obvious rubbing/gently patting her back, also putting her into a sitting position and rocking her back and forth on our lap, and putting her over a shoulder so there's some pressure on her tummy. All with burp cloth strategically placed!

lotsofcheese Fri 17-May-13 02:13:04

I do the above, plus I wind every 30mls of the feed. Then put her in a bouncy chair for 10 mins after feeds to let gravity take effect. After that I'll put her down.

Bambi86 Fri 17-May-13 08:50:55

Hey OP

Is LO BF or FF? If FF it could be your bottles? I had similar problems with my MAAM bottles, and once I switched to Dr Brown's the wind became much much easier to bring up.

I also find "hula hooping" my little one helps to bring up really big burps. I sit him on my lap, support his head and back and just rotate his top half in a hula hoop motion. HTH

minipie Fri 17-May-13 15:19:56

I found the best position was sitting on my knee (supported) and then sort of lean them forward back and sideways - a bit like a joystick iyswim! rub back while doing this.

Wind before they get too sleepy, sleepy baby can't burp IME

Hold bolt upright - mostly upright doesn't cut it, they have to be fully upright

Try laying down for 1 min, then holding upright again

if you are BFing, and you think he's taking in loads of air when he feeds, it's worth getting a lactation consultant to check latch and check for tongue tie.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now