Talk

Advanced search

help!! seriously gassy BF baby!!!

(5 Posts)
teena111 Thu 16-May-13 10:52:43

I have a 16 week old daughter who is exclusively breastfed. She swallows a HUGE amount of air whilst feeding. I wind her straight after a feed but often i havent got it all up. I mean so much gas!!

This has started to play havoc wit the day as she if i lay her down for a nap she screams , i pick her up a burp comes out (after i thought i'd got it all up) and then i put her down again and she screams, and the cycle goes on.
Recently she has started refusing the breast if she has wind, e.g this morning woke 7.30am (last feed 4am), changed her nappy as she'd pooped and so started to feed at 8am. But she drunk for 5 mins MAX then pulled off.. She refused to go back on..(this happens alll the time in day with feeding) At 9.30 she was yawning, put her down for a nap, cried, picked her up and a burp cam out, and it went on till finally a last burp came out and she went back on boob where she fell asleep and then woke within 2 mins to burp... Tried putting her down to continue nap but she cries due to wind again by now shes been awake too long as its 3 hrs since she woke.

This is taking up all my day at the mo, i cant put her down as its so much better her being upright. I assume it is due to wind she wont sleep well in day anymore as when we do finally get it up she will go down but by that time its almost time for her nxt feed and she wakes up and the process starts again!
Is this normal?? Why does she swallow so much air?? I start to dread feeding as I hate for her to not nap well in day and it also means there is no pattern or routine emerging AT ALL and I thought there would be by now! anyone else have this problem for win?/ I didnt think a breastfed baby should have this problem?

she is gaining weight and poops pees fine.

LittleJack15 Thu 16-May-13 11:26:56

That's like my little chap. He won't sleep in cot or Moses basket in the day. He'll sleep on me but that's all.
He's still feds well in the day though. But because he gets so stressed it makes it worst.
Do you use infacol?
smilesmile

LittleJack15 Thu 16-May-13 11:28:00

My chaps a bit younger. He's 9 weeks.
smilesmile

teena111 Thu 16-May-13 11:30:42

This has got worse in the last 2 or 3 weeks! She has always been gassy but seem to burp then would sleep well in day (we were on a 3 naps a day 2hr in morning one hour early afternoon then half hr just before 6 when she is fed n bathed and has bed at 7.30pm.) Have started to wander is it teething? she drools alot and refuses boob alot generally, and is genrally grissly but as these burps keep coming up asuming its this???

LittleJack15 Thu 16-May-13 11:35:30

Last night some one on here gave a tip to look on you tube about infacol. I did and there is a midwife on there giving you loads of tips with a gassy baby.
Sorry not better help.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now