Talk

Advanced search

we have been stupid and I now need help fast

(16 Posts)
Lynz1987 Tue 14-May-13 17:11:59

Hi
To cut long story very short my DD is 5 months old at around 4 months we introduced a sippy cup for her age this was due to her being constipated and wanted to give her water/juice as she is formula fed. She took to it really well the only issue now is she is really fussy with her bottle cries plays with it gets mad and spits it out its now a reall battle. DD doesnt sleep through at all and can u imagine in only 3/4 oz at bedtime this is making sleep worse.
I havnt made this very short sorry I guess I want advice on
a) can I give 5 month old a fast flo teat for 6 month old?
B) give her formula in a sippy cup?

bonzo77 Tue 14-May-13 17:18:53

You're not stupid!

I'd say yes to both questions.

Lynz1987 Tue 14-May-13 17:23:57

Thanks for quick reply with reassurance bed time is fast approaching lol we r going to try faster flo teat if all else fails sippy cup, just wanted to check they arnt definate no no's

BabsAndTheRu Tue 14-May-13 17:25:18

Sippy cup

Lynz1987 Tue 14-May-13 17:26:18

Can u use a sippy cup every feed?

coffeewineandchocolate Tue 14-May-13 17:32:18

of course you can :-)

fairimum Tue 14-May-13 20:19:30

it might not be to do with the sippy cup, but teething? just mine did the same at that age.. try calpol 40 mins before bedtime bottle? Also will they dream feed, i find mine would drink better asleep, did take over a week of trying to feed asleep before they dranj it, but found i could get a decent amount in them befire I went to bed x

Lynz1987 Tue 14-May-13 21:16:04

She is teething we give her calpol before her bath then bonjela before her bottle she does have a feed about 12 and does take that no probs as she is half asleep, just nothing seems to make a difference :0 (

Ragusa Wed 15-May-13 17:13:20

Just give her the sippy if she prefers that. Not a prob at all.

pooka Wed 15-May-13 17:14:57

No reason why she can't have formula in a sippy cup. Is a good idea if that's what she prefers. Not stupid at all.

itsonlysubterfuge Wed 15-May-13 22:25:37

Just as a side note, sometimes bonjela can numb them so much it interfers with feeding and should be given at least 15 minutes before feeding.

TwasBrillig Wed 15-May-13 22:29:38

Yes to sippy cup but surprised you're expecting a 5 month old to sleep through. . .might be a while yet and nothing to do with milk!

bonzo77 Thu 16-May-13 07:22:02

Some 5 month olds can sleep through. Mine does not wake for a feed, only if he gets uncomfortable.

OP have you tried a "dream feed" at about 11pm?

Lynz1987 Thu 16-May-13 21:27:21

Dd used to sleep through but because of teething etc its stopped I dint mind the night feed its the restless sleep for the majority of the night, spoke to hv on wed she was no help, dd wont take milk from cup she is using fast flo teat but still is only having 3/4 oz a feed hv advised to add another solid feed using plenty of formula as she loces ger purees and porridge, but im beside myself with worry I jnow sge wont starve but 20oz of formula and three solid feeds just doesnt seem enough is it???

Lynz1987 Thu 16-May-13 21:28:26

Loves her* sorry im tired lol

JiltedJohnsJulie Thu 16-May-13 21:38:43

If you suspect teething ibruprofen is much better than paracetamol for dental pain.

There is some good information on normal infant sleep here smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now