Talk

Advanced search

Need to get cycle back!

(10 Posts)
WouldBeHarrietVane Tue 14-May-13 07:14:16

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

BettyStogs Tue 14-May-13 08:29:24

Hi Harriet, I'm in a very similar boat, DS is 20 mo and no cycle yet.
I'm going to start cutting down on feeds on a couple of weeks too. DS feeds morning, bedtime and when I get back from work. On days I'm not working he may have another feed during the day.

Think I'm going to start by dropping the getting home from work feed, its normally just before dinner so only a short time to have to distract him!

Have you thought about dropping the feed when he wakes up after bedtime? I've read that stopping feeding at night can help to get things back to normal.

Also there is a thread in conception for ttc while bf, I was on it, but now I've decided to reduce or stop bf I've left it. Lots of advice and support there though, and some bfps to show it can be done.

WouldBeHarrietVane Tue 14-May-13 20:44:31

JiltedJohnsJulie Wed 15-May-13 18:37:59

Have you read the fertility info on kellymom too?

WouldBeHarrietVane Wed 15-May-13 18:42:53

JiltedJohnsJulie Wed 15-May-13 18:47:24

I didn't night wean to get mine back, I moved them into there own rooms and my cycle came back. Realise this is a rubbish thing to tell you if your DS is already in his own room.....smile

WouldBeHarrietVane Sat 18-May-13 17:59:43

WouldBeHarrietVane Sat 18-May-13 18:00:16

HorryIsUpduffed Sat 18-May-13 22:11:27

I had what felt like ewcm for several months before I got my cycle back, so I wouldn't rely on that.

It really does seem to be the night stretch that matters. For us, one week of banning feeds between the 7pm and 7am feeds did it. And that was with co-sleeping (offered water instead). He was pretty cross but hey.

We went back to practically fucking hourly night feeds later on without any effect on said cycle though, so it can work as a temporary measure.

Good luck.

WouldBeHarrietVane Sat 18-May-13 22:24:44

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now