Talk

Advanced search

Frantic and fussy

(15 Posts)
LittleJack15 Mon 13-May-13 19:44:24

Has any one got any ideas why my chap is doing this.
Last few days about the same time he gets frantic and starts pulling off my breast. I sit down stairs with him across my tummy. Then it hurts so have to lay on the bed with little chap. I thought it was colic because he gets very windy. But although he's not happy he doesn't cry that much. He also does a lot of farts. This goes on for a few hours then he settles.
smilesmile

LittleJack15 Mon 13-May-13 19:46:39

It really hurts me but you can tell he really wants a fed.
shock Very puzzled.

5318008 Mon 13-May-13 19:53:38

Sometimes picking up earlier feed cues can help, opening mouth, fingers in mouth, rooting are all really early cues. Rather than waiting, I mean, for less subtle ones like turning head into your chest for eg.

What do you think?

LittleJack15 Mon 13-May-13 20:36:39

It was after I put him down to sleep and was having my lunch late about 2.30. He woke up before I finished and he likes to be picked up straight away. I think he worries if I don't. But when he worries would he be taking loads of air in? He was fine straight after but as he went on could he have taken to air in.
In the day he hates for me to put him down.
The weird thing was though he was frantic and pulling back. Then I changed him and he was smiling and really happy. Them I tired to feed him and he went frantic again. But final settled when I put some music on.
smilesmile

LittleJack15 Mon 13-May-13 21:01:47

smilesmile

LittleJack15 Mon 13-May-13 23:14:22

smilesmile

LittleJack15 Tue 14-May-13 07:29:04

smilesmile

Havingkittens Wed 15-May-13 10:02:15

I asked a BF Cousellor about this yesterday. She said, either the milk is coming too fast for him and he's pulled off spluttering or it's not coming quickly enough, in which case he's frustrated. She told me that skin to skin can make for a much calmer feed. She also said that either issue can be controlled by the baby if they have the correct latch, but when mine's like that I really struggle to get that latch. confused

Meringue33 Wed 15-May-13 10:07:24

What age is he?
What time of day?
Have you looked at Kellymom - there is a lot of info on there on the causes of fussiness

LittleJack15 Wed 15-May-13 16:20:19

Thank you for replying. Might be a fast flow and because he sucks so fast at that time he then gives him self bad wind? I thought to start with it was milk being slow, but i checked and it wasn't.
It happens every day for about the last week at around 3ish or 4ish. He has like a real serious look on his face?
Little man is 9 weeks old on Friday.
Some people have said to me because he keeps pulling back he's not hungry. But to me he gives the signs of being hungry, so puzzles me.
Wish he had a manual, make life so much easier. Half the time I don't understand him bless him.
smilesmile

Havingkittens Wed 15-May-13 19:36:31

Just reading on Kellymom that pulling off can cause another let down when they go back on so babies often do this to get more milk, especially during a growth spurt.

teena111 Thu 16-May-13 16:22:19

my little one does the same.. eager for the boob and then pulls off and on all the time.. meaning taking in wind..

LittleJack15 Thu 16-May-13 16:26:55

Yea then he gets stressed about the wind bless him.

teena111 Thu 16-May-13 16:27:24

i also definately have a fast let down, which i thought by now, 15 weeks, she'd be able to deal with.

LittleJack15 Thu 16-May-13 16:33:44

At 15weeks with the wind and fast let down is she so constant feeding. Because my little chap he's constant and wondered it was a bit of wind and fast let down?
smilesmile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now