Talk

Advanced search

Mums of two or more

(7 Posts)
redandyellowandpinkandgreen Mon 13-May-13 14:31:00

Did you feed differently for second/subsequent babies? I bf DS solely but with my second I want to mixed feed more and introduce some formula after about 6 weeks. I do feel thought that it means I won't be giving the second the same start as the first and it makes me feel guilty. What did you do?

TheRealMBJ Mon 13-May-13 14:34:24

I bf both. I couldn't be asked to learn to use bottles, and boobs required no extra planning etc.

I also found that it got easier around 6 weeks with both too. More predictable etc, etc.

Beatrixpotty Mon 13-May-13 14:47:33

DS1 bf with expressed bottle at night replaced by formula at about 4m.Stopped bf at 7m once weaned.
DS2 EBF until 7m.No time to express,got the odd carton on the rare occasions I went out!
DS3 is 9w and EBF so far..
BF has got easier with each one, if I found it too tiring I was planning to give formula for a late night feed but with DS2 & now DS3 I've not found it too bad.I can't be arsed with sterilising so DS3 probably won't have formula after 6m when the bottles can go in the dishwasher!

Purplehonesty Mon 13-May-13 15:23:23

Ebf both, also can't be faffed sterilising plus formula tastes horrible!!

lazzaroo Mon 13-May-13 16:42:58

I wanted to mix feed both. My first refused a bottle o ebf. My second, now 19 weeks has also refused a bottle! I have been through desperae phases of wanting to give up but have had no choice but to carry on. Again!! Like last time am Going to wean straight to cup & in long run I know it'll be easier to skip bottle altogether but I do feel restricted by bf sometimes.

redandyellowandpinkandgreen Mon 13-May-13 18:29:09

DS refused a bottle too after about three months. I guess I'll play it by ear a bit and see how it goes. It just worries me about the time bf will take with a toddler around too.

cazboldy Mon 13-May-13 18:31:45

I bf ds1 exclusively for 10 weeks, then had to go back to school, so mixed fed for 2 weeks but that didn't agree with him, so ended up formula feeding him from 12 weeks.

with my subsequent 4 dc I bf until over a year

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now