Talk

Advanced search

Colic

(8 Posts)
LittleJack15 Fri 10-May-13 18:46:55

Has my little chap got colic? I thought he had because I could sometimes here his tummy making a noise. He will get fussy with feeding at the same time at night. Keeps pulling back of my breast and brings up a lot of wind both ends grin. But I was reading a link some one put on here and it said he should be crying constant for at least three hours if he has colic! But he would only cry for a little bit. So not sure now?
smilesmile

LittleJack15 Fri 10-May-13 19:23:22

I'm a really bad I put a problem on here regular.
smilesmile

KatAndKit Fri 10-May-13 21:44:15

No he hasn't got colic! You'd know if he had - it would take hours to settle him. My DS had colic and he cried loads for no apparent reason. It's not unusual for babies to be a bit windy and to whinge a little bit - you could try some baby massage for the wind, but I don't think he has colic if you are not having long cyring sessions - it's normal for babies to get fussier in the evening.

LittleJack15 Fri 10-May-13 21:53:35

After read the article i did think he hadn't got it. but was a bit puzzled why he cried at night. Should I be giving him infacol regularly then?
smilesmile

Passmethecrisps Fri 10-May-13 21:55:51

How old is your DS? Infacol is pretty good so well worth a shot.

KatAndKit Fri 10-May-13 22:03:49

crying in the evening could be over tiredness, over stimulation at the end of a long day, any number of things. Infacol is good for getting up the wind and it can't do any harm so worth a go.

FreeButtonBee Fri 10-May-13 22:14:28

Sounds like the evening fussies. My DTs had this for their first 10 weeks - crying, moaning, pulling on and off the breast of an evening. Annoying but they were not inconsolable - just fussy and cluster feeding. I recommend walking baby about for 20 mins or so, change of scenery, different room, change of nappy andthen try feeding again. Kellymom had a good section on it which I found c reassuring. Now they go down by 8.30, sometimes 7.30 with a normal (though slightly longer feed) with barely a murmur at 13 weeks so it does ease off

LittleJack15 Sat 11-May-13 04:35:54

Thank you for replies. Deferential not got colic.. Think I'm going to have a gd read of kellymom.
smilesmile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now