Talk

Advanced search

DD off her bottle and crying throughout feed: 8 week jabs to blame?

(4 Posts)
emeraldgirl1 Fri 10-May-13 17:40:59

DD had her 8w jabs on Weds; very much not herself that night, sleepy and crying a lot.
She was ok y'day (thurs) though a couple of feeds were a real struggle; crying and refusing it after a while.
She woke several times last night, far more than usual but not interested in feeding.
Diarrohea first thing this morning and very little poo ever since; odd as she usually has a full nappy after each feed.
She has cried her way through every single feed today and is struggling through just over half her usual amount; bad wind and drawing up knees too.
Are the jabs to blame?
At what point should I be really worried?
She is formula fed btw.

itsaruddygame Fri 10-May-13 22:33:01

Emerald - we have had similar with DS for last 2 nights after his jabs. V windy and fussy at the breast - he has also barely slept. He did not have a temperature so I did not give calpol but I do think he feels under the weather. We have had green poos for the first time and he nursed for hours in the night but was constantly on and off the boob and v windy.

Hope your little one has a better night - I will watch out for any responses with interest!

emeraldgirl1 Fri 10-May-13 23:31:28

Itsaruddygame, we cracked a few hours ago and took her to OOH as we were getting worried... As soon as we got there she was fine!! Farted like a trooper at the doc though smile He said to give her some calpol and keep an eye on her. She has had a decent bottle now and seems much better. She is still producing quite empty nappies (wet but no poo) so I am assuming that might be making her feel pain and wind...

Doctor said jabs the culprit he thought...

How interesting that your DS has had such similar symptoms... It is odd isn't it? Lots of babies have no reaction at al!!

itsaruddygame Sat 11-May-13 04:01:37

Glad all ok empress! DS has finally slept for a couple of hours (thank bloody god!) and seems more comfortable. I really wasn't expecting such a reaction either - lets hope they are both on the mend now smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now