Talk

Advanced search

Will one ff a day affect my supply?

(5 Posts)
CackleALot Fri 10-May-13 15:21:34

My DD is almost 11 weeks and ebf which is going well but I can't get her to take a bottle which would allow my dp to get involved with feeding or for me to leave her for a bit if needed. my supply seems to have settled now & I'm not getting very much when I'm expressing.

wondering if I should give her formula in a bottle once a day (prob in evening) to help get her used to bottles but don't want my supply affected (this happened with my DS although he was more
like 4 weeks when I introduced formula)

Any advice, ideas?

TIA

WouldBeHarrietVane Fri 10-May-13 16:11:13

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

WouldBeHarrietVane Fri 10-May-13 16:12:26

ElliesWellies Fri 10-May-13 16:22:05

DD has had a bottle of formula now and again ever since she was born. At first she was having one every evening, but have cut down as she has become more efficient at feeding and I'm not so knackered. She is 5 weeks old. Never had nipple confusion.

Hasn't affected my supply as am currently almost totally bf (a bottle every few days or so) and she was born, and is still on 91st centile. Like you, I wanted the option of a bottle and don't express well. So I don't think it would affect your supply too much based on that, but don't quote me as I only have my own experience to go on!

We use the NUK bottles with latex teats.

WouldBeHarrietVane Fri 10-May-13 16:30:31

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now