Talk

Advanced search

need advice! re expressing

(4 Posts)
celebmum Fri 10-May-13 09:03:50

hi.

due to be going out tonight and want to express a bottle to leave for DD (7m) and MIL..
i tried last night.. nothing and again this morning and nothing? ive fed DD on demand since birth and have express a few times successfully (to give her a bottle/have some for weaning etc) but dont seem to be able to manage it right now!? what do i do? im planning on feeding right before i go out but darent leave MIL with nothing!? confused

McBaby Fri 10-May-13 09:31:54

Would you normally feed after the last feed you are giving? If not I wouldn't worry. You could leave some yogurt/porridge/rice pudding to spoon her and water? As age is already on solids.

celebmum Fri 10-May-13 10:04:34

thanks Mc.. i would normally do her last feed at 8pm but tonight i planned on doing it an hour/1.5 earlier so didnt want to leave MIL empty handed.. suppose she can always give water/porridge smile

sleepyhead Fri 10-May-13 13:44:35

Can you get anything out by hand expressing? I sometimes find that I can struggle to get a letdown with the pump (totally randomly it seems).

Pumping quite gently with a 3 quick pumps and one slower one rhythm for a few minutes sometimes sorts it, but if not then if I can get some out with hand expressing that often gets things going.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now