Talk

Advanced search

Correcting lopsided breasts

(6 Posts)
Teapig Thu 09-May-13 10:35:26

My LO is two weeks and after a shaky start BF is going well. Initially we didn't get the latch right and my left breast became engorged, the pain was so bad I fed her from the other one for a couple of days. She's been feeding happily from both since but the left is much bigger than the right boob.

I don't think it's engorged any more, it's not hard or lumpy but it's at least a cup size larger than the other.

Does anyone have any advice? I don't want to be stuck with significantly lopsidefmd boobs sad

TwentyTinyToes Thu 09-May-13 11:03:51

Just feed a equally from both sides and they should even out. My right one is always bigger anyway (has more milk) because dd prefers that side, i have to consciously make sure she feeds from the left side because it is tempting to feed from the bigger side. Let the bigger one feel "full" at times, this will signal to rest side to make less and in a few days they will been out.

TwentyTinyToes Thu 09-May-13 11:07:58

Sorry for errors, on phone. Stray anyway in there and "rest side" should read "that side".

TwentyTinyToes Thu 09-May-13 11:09:10

Ffs! "Been out" should read "even out"

themammy73 Thu 09-May-13 11:35:40

This has happened to me too (currently EBF 4 mth old) and did with my last child. My right side just likes to produce more! I tried to favour it less, let it engorge a bit to tell it it doesn't need to produce so much but it's not getting the message! However as I remember from last time they do go back to the same size afterwards. smile

Teapig Thu 09-May-13 12:08:38

Thanks twenty and mammy73 for the advice. Good to know that things should even out and I'll make sure LO feeds evenly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now