Talk

Advanced search

What is wrong with my nipple?

(3 Posts)
ItsAllGoingToBeFine Wed 08-May-13 22:50:09

DD is 3. Over the past few weeks my left nipple has become increasing sore when feeding, occasionally itchy when not.

The nipple itself, and a surrounding circle of about 1" diameter (not exactly corresponding with areola) look red and shiny with visible dry flakes. It is now becoming too sore to feed from, the pain feels like it is on the inside of the nipple. There is also a minute crack in the skin near to the nipple - this is new but does not seem to cause any additional discomfort. Asking Did to latch very carefully seems to ease the discomfort. I have recently started moisturising area which is helping to clear up the dryness and itching.

Other nipple was fine, but today noticed is developing two small red patches similar in appearance to other side, but small and symptomless.

Dd may he teething - her back molars aren't in yet, and she has recently started chewing her fingers a lot.

From what I have read doesn't sound like thrush?

woopsidaisy Wed 08-May-13 22:55:59

Ooooo, ItsAll, spooky. We just did very similar threads. Can't help you I'm afraid. But have just checked and I don't have your symptoms. Do have the pain though. Grim.

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Wed 08-May-13 23:10:50

Thanks for the reply smile I looked at your thread , my first thought was thrush?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now