Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Colic

(4 Posts)
Ellypoo Wed 08-May-13 17:45:11

Hi!

What are the signs/symptoms of colic? Dd is 4 wks old and DH is convinced she has it (after speaking to his parents shock) but I just think she is showing normal newborn behaviour.

Tia

YouMaySayImADreamer Wed 08-May-13 18:48:50

My ds screamed almost every waking hour (inbetween feeding and even when well rested) he was constantly miserable and wouldnt settle (although i think this was an excessive case and the official line is 3 or more hours of crying per day). He would be very red in the face, bringing his knees up and the cry sounded like he was in pain. He was diagnosed by the doctor based on these symptoms. Hope this helps

JiltedJohnsJulie Wed 08-May-13 21:47:07

What is your Lo upto Elly. Is it like colic, could it be tongue tie or is it just normal?

I'm sure that your DH and inlaws want to help, its just that they're not always right smile

If DH thinks its colic could you get him to do the evening bath (my dd farted loads in her tummy tub grin) and sone baby massage to release the wind, give you a break and give them sone bonding time.

You don't say how you are feeding Lo, but if you are ff it might be worth changing the formula.

JiltedJohnsJulie Fri 10-May-13 16:00:00

How are things now elly?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now