Talk

Advanced search

Stopping BF

(4 Posts)
Caroline2103 Wed 08-May-13 07:41:54

Hi, my DS is 7months and has been ebf. He is now weaned to the point where he only BF first thing in the morning and through the night. His feeding through the night is comfort rather than hunger, I came to this conclusion when I had to go away for a couple of days and during this time he slept through.
I want to stop BF completely, so far its going well. DS hasn't seemed fused and takes a bottle really well. But how do I make myself feel better. My breast have gone really sore and hard just like when he was first born. Will this just go away on its own or can I do something to help.
Any advice would be appreciated smile

Caroline2103 Wed 08-May-13 07:42:56

fussed

WouldBeHarrietVane Wed 08-May-13 08:13:47

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Caroline2103 Wed 08-May-13 17:55:05

Thank you for your lovely response.
I have thoroughly enjoyed BF and in some ways im sad to stop. Im also sad to admit that my reasons are purely selfish, I am due to start back at work soon and sometimes this will take me away from home so I want to go knowing that he is going to be fine.
I am also concerned that the longer I don't deal with the comfort feeding the harder it.will be for DS when I work on stopping it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now