Talk

Advanced search

How do I stop?

(2 Posts)
stopgap Tue 07-May-13 20:23:21

DS is almost 21 months and nurses just once a day, first thing in the morning. He stays put for about ten minutes, and then zooms out of bed when my husband has finished making his omelette.

We're TTC and while my periods have been back for ages, I can't help but wonder if stopping breastfeeding might boost my chances of falling pregnant (I have an irregular cycle, and I'm also dealing with a thyroid issue that seems to impact my hormones).

So how would I stop? A conversation in advance? Go away for a night or two with DH?

BumbleBee2011 Tue 07-May-13 20:42:53

I thought once your periods were back that was sort of it as far as ability to conceive (kind of an either/or situation iyswim)?

I got mine back not long after DD had cut down to 2 or 3 feeds a day where previously she'd been more 4 or 5 times a day, after that I was pg within a couple of months - DD then self weaned when I was nearing 3rd trimester.

Sounds like maybe with all the factors involved in your situation you should speak to a doctor though, to see what factors are relevant.

Good luck - I know I was anxious to conceive again so can sympathise as I was wondering whether we'd have to wean too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now