Talk

Advanced search

Holidaying with an ebf baby

(4 Posts)
Mummabubbles Tue 07-May-13 17:04:14

6 week old ebf baby, feeding is going well we have had no problems at all to date. We are going on holiday to a warm country in 4weeks for 2 weeks and I'm worried that I won't know how to deal with any problems should they arise while we are away........is the heat likely to affect my supply in any way?? How will I recognise a blocked duct/mastitis/thrush and what can I do about them?? Hopefully we won't have any issues and will continue to happily breast feed through the holiday but I'd like to be prepared for any event!!

leedy Tue 07-May-13 18:15:23

Heat won't affect your supply though baby may drink more often to keep hydrated!

scrivette Tue 07-May-13 19:18:31

Heat shouldn't affect anything except you both may be more thirsty.

If you do feel like you are getting a blocked duct then lots of feeding for baby to clear it, massage towards the nipple to help move the blockage and have a hot bath/shower and hand express.

Have a lovely time and try not to worry smile

Cupcakemummy85 Tue 07-May-13 21:27:01

I'm on holiday at the ment in Spain and its pretty hot. My dd is 11 weeks old and she is ebf at the moment ( other problems going on with dd so might stop soon). She has fed a bit more frequently and your body just gives them what they need for hot weather. smile if you do feel like for example you have thrush or something like that, go to a doctor or chemist. They are very good overseas.
Have a great holiday smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now