Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Help DD feeding much less???

(4 Posts)
beckslovestimmy Sat 04-May-13 23:14:24

DD is 16.5 weeks old and FF up until 4days ago she was having 5 bottles a day of 6 or 7 oz and getting 32oz of formula a day.

For the last few days she's been only wanting 2-3oz of each bottle and then screaming if I try to get her to take the rest. She's only been having around 20oz a day for the last few days and still not needing a feed through the night.

Last night I thought I'd better give her something in the night as her last feed was 6pm and she sleeps till 8am. I decided to try at midnight and battled to get 4oz into her. I think she would have gone through the night if I had not woken her?

She's had a bit of a snotty nose and today had 1 episode of loose stools.

Between feeds she's fine, smiling, interacting normally ect.

Any one else had this problem or any ideas how to get her to take her milk?

I've tried faster/slower flow teats, sippy cup, different shape bottle/teat and none have made any difference????

Rockchick1984 Sun 05-May-13 09:06:04

She may not be very hungry if she's coming down with something - my DS was like that as a little baby and still now at 2 the first clue that he's getting a cold is going off his food. Give it a few days, keep offering the milk (even if you just make up a smaller bottle and can always make another one if she drinks it all) and if no better go to the dr.

minipie Sun 05-May-13 09:55:10

I would just keep an eye in her nappies (ie make sure there are plenty of wet ones) and on her weight. no harm in asking dr but suspect the doctors will only be concerned if there are signs of dehydration and/or her weight starts to drop away from her usual centile.

beckslovestimmy Sun 05-May-13 21:11:00

Thanks ladies, I think is was a cold as I woke up with one this morning hmm. She's been feeding better today and with much less fuss so i'm less worried now. It's so hard when they can't tell you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now