Talk

Advanced search

A reflection on hungry baby formula- what are your experiences?

(5 Posts)
Runningblue Sat 04-May-13 20:55:00

So, dd is 22 weeks old. She was cow and gate hungry baby formula for about 10 weeks after the emphatic advice of the hv. Ive now decided to put her back on to cow and gate stage one, as i have since read that hungry baby really isn't generally felt to be the best thing for little tummies, and making them feel falsely full, isn't supporting them in getting calories through shorter spaces between feeds if needed.

Anyway, I put her back on normal formula 3 days ago, and the change in her is really interesting - she has still gone 3.5 to 4 hours between feeds in the day, but has actually slept for longer between feeds at night - 5 hours now, 3-4 hours on hungry baby!

Has anyone else found that hungry baby formula hasn't suited their baby, or actually your baby, like dd, seems more satisfied with normal formula?

colditz Sat 04-May-13 20:56:07

Ds1 got vey constipated with the hungry baby stuff.

Runningblue Sat 04-May-13 21:02:57

Yes, dd too, thats partly why i stopped too, especially with the weather getting warmer, I was a bit worried she was at additional risk of being dehydrated with more fluid needed to shift the hungry baby through her system...

sittinginthesun Sat 04-May-13 21:04:27

Ds1 got constipated too. I ended up sticking to stage 1 milk until he was a year old.

Runningblue Sat 04-May-13 21:20:33

I wonder if she was feeding more often to push the poo out - i know that happened when i was bf ds for a longer time than i did with dd....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now