Talk

Advanced search

Mastitis with no red mark or pain ?

(6 Posts)
Lonelybunny Sat 04-May-13 10:48:54

I EBF my 9 mo and a few weeks ago noticed a lump in the inside of my left breast near the top, I went to drs and she said its just glandular breast tissue. I went to another GP for 2nd opinion she sending me to breast clinic to reassure me . Now I can feel like a line of bumpy lumps about the size of a 10 p coin but thick and sort of bumpy. It's not sore or inflamed but I'm feeling rather unwell. I feel really drained, my back is killing me my legs are like jelly but no temp. Any one had similar?

JiltedJohnsJulie Sun 05-May-13 09:28:03

Haven't got nuch time to post but try googling kellymom mastitis or call the National Breastfeeding Helpline. Hope you feel better soon smile

JiltedJohnsJulie Sun 05-May-13 16:12:16

How are you getting on now bunny?

Lonelybunny Sun 05-May-13 18:06:22

Hello , well I'm feeling ok now think I had a 24 hour bug. The lump/lumps are still there, so guess I will have to wait till Wednesday sad

Deearnamaternitynurse Sun 05-May-13 18:14:20

Hi you will certainly know if you have mastitus it sounds to me like you may have some blocked ducts if it is Masitus you will expect to experience some of the following Headache
Intense pain
A lump that will feel very sore
Hot tender breast- redness of the breast
Fever
Cracked nipple
Flu like symptoms
You will know as you will just feel so unwell
My suggestion would be to apply a warm compress and palce 4 fingers under your breast and with your thumb placed on the top of the breast rub down towards your nipple. dont however press into the breast, also make a knuckle effect and work all over your breast.
Lastly completely exspress and empty the breast.
I suspect you either have some v blocked ducts or an absess, to reassure you if it was masitus you would not be feeling better so soon without anti biotics. feel free to call for a chat

Deearnamaternitynurse Sun 05-May-13 18:14:50

Forgot to say- well done EBF for 9 months xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now