Talk

Advanced search

Oops, i appear to be misinformed reg. alcohol units!

(6 Posts)
peanutMD Sat 04-May-13 08:47:15

I had my first night out last night since DD was born 8 Weeks ago and as she is EBF i managed to express 3x 5oz bottles for her do there was plenty.

I had looked into units and how long it takes to burn off and read that it was an hour so had it all worked out that i chips have a maximum of 12 units. I ended up having 10ish (probably more like 8 tbh) and now see its 2 hours per unit!

DD has only taken 1 bottle but she's not keen on them so whilst there is 10oz left i would rather feed her, plus I've been slightly sad about her having the bottle anyway.

My last drink was at 1am so would it be really bad to feed her when she wakes?

Oh and how long does defrosted milk last in the fridge?

ninja Sat 04-May-13 08:49:54

It really is absolutely fine to feed after drinking, even straight after smile

All the breast feeding organisations say so. The amount of alcohol in your milk is the same as in orange juice!

Hope you enjoyed your night out

Soupa Sat 04-May-13 08:50:25

You will be fine. You were finesmile

mumnosbest Sat 04-May-13 08:55:58

I frequently BF the next morning or even during the night and DD is fine. She does often get grumpy though so don't know if it alters the taste.
Also my 'nights out' tend to be 'nights in' with DH and a bottle of wine (hard to get out with 3 DCs) sad

peanutMD Sat 04-May-13 09:05:26

Thank you smile

Just paranoids i guess lol

So can anyone tell me how long you can keep defrosted milk for? Don't want to give it don't want to waste it either [awkward emoticon]grin

whatsoever Sat 04-May-13 09:10:27

I don't think you were wrong - the body metabolises 1 unit per hour and it's fine to have a few in your system and bf.

I've had one big boozy night while bf (we're talking absolutely steaming!) and DS had ebm until the freezer supply ran out the next day. But normally, if I've had a few glasses of wine or a few beers I would just feed him when he wakes up.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now