Talk

Advanced search

Drinking while bf

(6 Posts)
Ellypoo Wed 01-May-13 22:39:34

My DD is 3 weeks old and is ebf, combination of expressed milk by bottle and bf due to stay in SCBU when she was first born.
Now I am not pregnant or on anti biotics I really fancy a glass or 2 of wine of an evening - how much alcohol is pass through my milk, or is it just about affecting the taste of my milk rather than the alcohol itself?
Tia x

JiltedJohnsJulie Wed 01-May-13 22:51:06

Think the odd glass is ok, although it might affect your ability to care for Lo a bit. You alo can't put Lo in your bed if you've had alcohol smile

milkysmum Wed 01-May-13 22:55:55

When I was bf'ing I would have had a glass ot two of wine! I think the amount that actually passes through to milk is minimal but someone else will hopefuly be along with more info. As said just don't bring baby into bed if you have been drinking as obviously very dangerous X

JiltedJohnsJulie Wed 01-May-13 23:00:18

Should have said, don't sleep with your baby on the sofa either smile

MoonlightandRoses Wed 01-May-13 23:13:49

Kellymom indicates the occasional drink should be fine.

Oh, and congratulations!

Ellypoo Wed 01-May-13 23:49:38

Thanks all, that's really reassuring! I don't sleep with her in our bed as I'd be too scared of squashing her regardless of any alcohol intake!!! She is in a crib next to the bed though so I can sort her out through the night.
smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now