Talk

Advanced search

Breastfeeding a talking toddler

(10 Posts)
MangoLangoTango Tue 30-Apr-13 22:44:24

Nope this is not one of those threads discussing the merits or otherwise of breastfeeding past the age of 1.

DS is almost 2 and has a rapidly expanding vocabulary. Tonight after his bedtime feed he unlatched and sleepily murmured "Mmm...Cowww...." as he drifted off to sleep.

As flattering as this endearment may be, he's never had cow's milk as a drink so I am not sure where the association came from.

What interesting things have your toddler said to you on the boob?

Jojobump1986 Tue 30-Apr-13 22:48:16

grin I nearly choked on my hot chocolate reading that!

5madthings Tue 30-Apr-13 22:51:20

Ds1used to have one side and then ask for 'titty two' blush

I learn my lesson and my others calls it 'Milka' smile

YonicTheHedgehog Tue 30-Apr-13 22:55:24

I've learnt my lesson too 5madthings . The wails of "booooooby" at toddler group were deafening today.

LousThighBurn Tue 30-Apr-13 23:04:43

We have some very peculiar behaviours from DS, as he often includes them in conversation,he squeezes them and stares at the milk that has been produced or he will shout for booby 1 or 2 regardless of the company we find ourselves in.I love nursing a toddler, it is such a wonderful experience.

MangoLangoTango Tue 30-Apr-13 23:05:26

Mine calls it by a non anatomical related name. But it's not hard to guess what he's after when he pulls my neckline down and tries to dive head first into my top.

YoniBottsBumgina Tue 30-Apr-13 23:21:47

DS used to just call it "milk", using "milk in a cup" or "milk from you" if he needed to specify. He once said he liked it more than dinosaurs. He's stopped now but he did ask me today how mummies get milk into their boobs. I didn't know how to answer it though!

WouldBeHarrietVane Tue 30-Apr-13 23:28:01

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

aufaniae Tue 30-Apr-13 23:50:21

DS went through a stage where he seemed convinced I had three boobs!

He'd ask for "the other one" then say "no, the other one". I'd say I only have two boobs, and he'd say "no, three, mummy. Where's the other one" confused

No idea what that was all about!

BerthaKitt Tue 30-Apr-13 23:55:17

smile
My 2yo tucks my breasts back in to my top when he's finished and says a tender 'bye bye ooh-ooh'. 'Ooh-ooh being what he's always called bfing for some reason.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now