Nursing strike at 10 months. Worried.

(13 Posts)
Judyandherdreamofhorses Sat 27-Apr-13 20:27:26

DS is just 10 months. He hasn't fed since 4.30 this morning. This is very unlike him and I'm really worried.

He has a slight cold, but has always fed through colds before, or has tried at least. Today he hasn't asked at all for a feed and has refused any offered. He was really hungry at lunchtime when we were out, but refused the breast. Normally he would accept a BF while waiting for his solid food if he was hungry.

He didn't feed at bedtime, although cried a lot. BF has mostly been the only way to settle him.

Any experience of this? Is it a nursing strike and what can I do? Thanks.

WouldBeHarrietVane Sat 27-Apr-13 20:35:11

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

WouldBeHarrietVane Sat 27-Apr-13 20:40:34

NoWayPedro Sat 27-Apr-13 20:42:02

http://www.babycenter.com/0_nursing-strike_8490.bc

WouldBeHarrietVane Sat 27-Apr-13 20:44:18

Judyandherdreamofhorses Sat 27-Apr-13 20:47:22

Thanks for your advice, and the links. I'm reading through them now and will follow your suggestions. I really don't want to express for long as I hate it - many months of needing to with DD and with DS who was failure to thrive at 4-5 months. But of course I'll do anything I need to to keep him healthy and growing.

Shame I've been bemoaning the frequency of his night feeds. I feel terrible now and willing him to wake for a feed!

WouldBeHarrietVane Sat 27-Apr-13 20:59:05

Judyandherdreamofhorses Sun 28-Apr-13 09:11:56

He fed during the night. Phew. Thanks.

WouldBeHarrietVane Sun 28-Apr-13 10:23:51

Judyandherdreamofhorses Sun 28-Apr-13 11:04:46

He's pretty grumpy - I think it might be a tooth as well.

WouldBeHarrietVane Sun 28-Apr-13 11:46:57

Judyandherdreamofhorses Sun 28-Apr-13 22:22:01

Oh dear. He's fed very little today. Twice overnight, once in the morning and eventually at bedtime after a number of refusals. He did eat his meals happily, but obviously needs more milk than he's taking.

It's HV clinic tomorrow afternoon, so I'll go along to see her I think.

violetlights Wed 01-May-13 22:25:41

My boy stopped temporarily when he was teething. He seemed to find sucking on the bottle easier... he soon went back to the breast though. Good luck. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now