Talk

Advanced search

Any breastfeeding counsellors out there?

(8 Posts)
TerrysNo2 Sat 27-Apr-13 19:58:01

My lovely friend has a 4 day old DD and since coming home from hospital yesterday she is struggling to feed, baby won't latch on.

When I had DS I remember speaking to a BF counselor over the phone and it really helped, do you know where I can find one now as I don't remember?

Also, are there counselors who do home visits? We are in Surrey?

thanks all! smile

PoppyWearer Sat 27-Apr-13 20:07:49

I've PMd you, not a counsellor myself but might be able to point you to one.

JollyPurpleGiant Sat 27-Apr-13 20:07:49

www.nct.org.uk/branches/north-east-northamptonshire/breastfeeding-support/breastfeeding-helplines

list of breastfeeding helplines from the NCT website smile

EauRouge Sat 27-Apr-13 20:09:54

If you phone the LLL or NCT national helplines then they will be able to put your friend in contact with someone local. Some BFCs do home visits, some don't.

LLL helpline- 0845 120 2918
NCT- 0300 330 0771

TerrysNo2 Sat 27-Apr-13 20:52:52

thanks guys, I have sent her the details. as always, MN saves the day! grin

NotQuiteCockney Sat 27-Apr-13 20:53:48

The National Breastfeeding Helpline is also a good option.

Havingkittens Sat 27-Apr-13 20:57:17

Also worth checking if they have a breast feeding drop in at any of her local children's centres. We have quite a few children's centres in our borough (Islington) and there is a breastfeeding support drop in every day at the various centres. I've already been 3 times and my little one is only 13 days old. My council also fund the National Breastfeeding Trust visitors to come and do home visits too so I've had a couple of them as well!

Gingerbreadlatte Sat 27-Apr-13 21:07:53

I highly recommend Farnham LLL if its local ish to your friend.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now