Talk

Advanced search

Night weaning

(4 Posts)
Busybeebaby Sat 27-Apr-13 18:48:38

Hi

I started night weaning my 12 month old DS about 6 days ago hoping that it would improve his sleep (i.e. have been told by others that the reason whu he keeps waking up is because I keep breastfeeding him). Before the night weaning he usually woke about twice and would go back to sleep once fed no problem. Now however his sleep has got a whole lot worse. He is waking up frequently and will not settle, despite rocking, shushing and patting, etc. When he wakes sometimes he cries on off and or just whimpers but mostly which i'm finding really hard to deal with is that he keeps sitting himself up, or pulling himself up or trying to crawl around!!!! I have absolutely no idea what to do about it! I thought night weaning would improve his sleep not make it worse and now due to go back to work in the next TWO days. How am i going to COPE???

kritur Sat 27-Apr-13 19:11:15

I would go back to feeding him.... Twice up is copeable if he's going back to sleep quickly and with work looming I think you need to pick your battles x

feekerry Sat 27-Apr-13 20:48:47

ye give up for now. dd is 13 months and i tried the same....que less sleep.
so i have given up for now. what i have been focusing on instead is cutting out late afternoon feed when i get in from work. this has been successful.
i would rather be up twice a night for 5 mins than up 4 times a night for half an hour!!!

Busybeebaby Sun 28-Apr-13 09:19:24

Thanks for your replies! Going back to feeding him at night when you read my OP sounds like a no brainer! The only thing is I'm trying to wean him gradually off the breast completely because I have come to the point where I no longer want to breastfeed. I thought (maybe naively) that night weaning would be the best place to start because he only feeds once in the morning and evening during the day.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now