Talk

Advanced search

Stopped feeding on Tuesday, 6cm lump in breast.

(10 Posts)
shouldibecrossaboutthis Fri 26-Apr-13 21:57:38

I dropped a feed a week until I just has the 1 morning feed left.

I last fed on Tuesday, Wedneaday was fine, Thursday also fine but this morning I noticed a small lump which this evening is about 6cm too to bottom and 14cm left to right. It's visible and very hard but not hot.

What is it & how do I get rid of it?!

JiltedJohnsJulie Fri 26-Apr-13 22:00:36

Could you express and massage the lump? Have you spoken to a BFC?

shouldibecrossaboutthis Fri 26-Apr-13 22:02:43

Thanks jilted, I tried hand expressing but it made it bigger sad not spoken to BFC, ever. Are they around on the weekends?

Ivvu6 Fri 26-Apr-13 22:14:01

Have hot shower and give it a massage while you are showering. It helped me.

crikeybadger Fri 26-Apr-13 22:15:59

That sounds like a big lump. I would keep going with the massage - perhaps in the bath or shower, or try some warm flannels on it.

You might want to consider seeing a GP if you can't shift it, just to get some advice.

shouldibecrossaboutthis Fri 26-Apr-13 22:31:49

I should have said, I spent to the lady hour in the bath massaging it. It gets less hard, then goes back to being hard within a few minutes of stopping. I think I'll just go to bed and see what happens in the morning. What are the symptoms of mastitis just so I can go straight to out of hours GP.

Can't believe it after being so careful too to drop one feed at a time!

shouldibecrossaboutthis Fri 26-Apr-13 22:33:34

Oh no I just spotted a smaller lump on my underboob. Shall I just feed the baby and get rid of the lumps them maybe reduce the lengths of the one feed?

Messandmayhem Fri 26-Apr-13 22:41:47

I would definitely feed on the affected breast to try to head off a bout of mastitis. If it gets redand hot or you start to feel fluey then you may need to see someone about mastitis, otherwise I recommend heat, massage, draining the breast. Warm flannels and some massaging on the lump immediately befor feeding should hopefully help get things flowing again.

shouldibecrossaboutthis Sun 28-Apr-13 20:23:55

I went as soon as I fed him. I've stopped feeding him again now since Sat morning and so far it's ok!

amazingface Sun 28-Apr-13 21:26:49

Oh I'm so glad you did a feed to clear it - tbh I think it's the only thing that's bound to work. The same thing happened to me and I was feeling so dreadful and not to mention emotional about stopping and then confusing dd by doing one last feed...anyway, one last feed I did and everything was absolutely fine after that smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now