Talk

Advanced search

Expressing milk at work

(4 Posts)
melonribena Tue 23-Apr-13 18:38:06

I'm going back to work when my ds is 10 mths old.

He has a milk allergy so I'm looking to mainly express milk for him to have.

I'm a teacher and am struggling to see how I'm going to fit it in.

Does anyone have experiences of expressing at work. Please help!

nextphase Tue 23-Apr-13 18:44:29

Not sure how it would work for a teacher, but they have to provide facilities and time for you to express, and I think, a fridge for storage.

acas link

Ring acas if you've got questions - they are brill

kritur Tue 23-Apr-13 18:56:54

I returned to work as a uni lecturer when my daughter was 13 weeks and expressed milk, still feeding now at 16 months. I used to express twice a day, about 10:30/11 and about 3pm. I kept my milk on bags in the fridge (male dominated dept so no-one said anything) and took it home on the train in a little cool bag. I expressed in my office. I would look carefully at your timetable and see if some adjustment can be made, losing form time if your secondary might help. Good luck!

CMOTDibbler Tue 23-Apr-13 19:15:10

I expressed at work for a year grin. Ate my lunch while double pumping in the first aid room, then kept the milk in the canteen fridge and took it home in the cool bag my lunch had been in.

If you pump in your lunch break and at the end of school (assuming you won't see him till 5), then that should work, esp if you feed on demand the rest of the time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now