Talk

Advanced search

Recommend me a good nipple cream?

(11 Posts)
HadALittleFaithBaby Tue 23-Apr-13 10:22:22

Ideally without lanolin in it....lanolin tends to irritate my skin but I'm BF and now DD is 9 days old they're getting tender. She latching well so they aren't broken or anything, they're just tender and I want to keep them intact/comfortable.

GrandPoohBah Tue 23-Apr-13 11:35:17

Most good nipple creams do have lanolin in, afaik. Try rubbing a bit of breast milk into them and allowing them to air dry, also nipple shields for when you're not nursing can help?

KatAndKit Tue 23-Apr-13 13:00:37

I think there is something called Cammilosan or something like that but I think it is one that you have to wash off each time before feeding. I found squeezing out a bit of milk onto mine after a feed helped.

HadALittleFaithBaby Tue 23-Apr-13 16:21:31

I checked Boots own and it seemed to be lanolin free. The breast milk tip is a good one, started using that so thanks! I do have nipple shields too which help.

NotSoNervous Tue 23-Apr-13 16:21:49

Lanolin was brilliant forme

NotSoNervous Tue 23-Apr-13 16:22:36

Oh sorry not very helpful hmm

abi2790 Tue 23-Apr-13 19:00:28

Midwife told me that rubbing a bit of breast milk around your nipple really helps smile

McBaby Tue 23-Apr-13 19:47:00

Also allergic to lanolin. Vasaline or multi man balm worked for me. Everything else including kamilosan seemed to have lanolin in if.

FattyMcChubster Tue 23-Apr-13 20:07:39

Yy to breast milk advice ^
This was the only thing that helped mine.
(you can also use breastmilk for all sorts of things- heals skin of baby scratches their face, helps with cradle cap and loads more)

HadALittleFaithBaby Tue 23-Apr-13 20:29:00

Yes DD had conjunctivitis and the midwife said clean it with cotton and cooled boiled water and the last wipe put a few drops of breast milk on a cotton pad. Cleared up quickly! And DH wonders why I'm so adamant about breast feeding! grin

I tried the Vaseline - definitely a winner! Will try a combo I think.

MoreSnowPlease Tue 23-Apr-13 20:33:13

mobile.usablenet.com/mt/www.nealsyardremedies.com/Calendula-Cream?un_jtt_v_products=yes

I used this, it was great

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now