Talk

Advanced search

Not sure where to go with this.

(4 Posts)
McPheelingTheSpring Mon 22-Apr-13 19:04:10

Basically, Dd went on a massive nursing strike, forcing me to express and give to her via a bottle. It's really not an issue for me, I was just pleased I could still express. So, this has now been ongoing for approximately 2 months. At first she would feed whilst she was asleep, which was brilliant. But then quickly became 'afraid' of my breast confused. So I never forced the issue, and just let her do whatever she needed to. It then got to the point where I was needing to mix feed her, just to be sure she was getting enough, as my supply suddenly dropped. I've managed this now with fennagreek [sp], and it picked up again.

Fast forward to tonight, and we were sat on the sofa, and out of nowhere she pulled my top down and started playing with my breast. I decided to give her access and see what she did, and she tried to latch on shock So what do I do now? How do I play this? Is it worth me attempting to dreamfeed her tonight and see what she does?

I'd be so happy if she fed again, but the last thing I want to do is distress her.

Any advice would be gratefully listened to.

nextphase Mon 22-Apr-13 19:46:31

I'd be tempted not to move too fast - so bottle tonight, but when you get chance, maybe wear no bra, and a top which would provide easy access to your daughter? Let her make the moves? I'd be worried if you push things, she might pull away again?
How old is she?
Neither of mine went on strike for more than 24 hours, so no real experience.

McPheelingTheSpring Mon 22-Apr-13 19:59:33

She's nearly ten months

I did the bottle before bed, as usual tonight. And she was pulling at my top again. I'm so confused by her actions now confused But, as you've said, I don't want to push her. Was she maybe just curious?

McPheelingTheSpring Mon 22-Apr-13 22:30:48

bump

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now