Talk

Advanced search

introducing a bottle at nearly 4months

(2 Posts)
KMR281 Mon 22-Apr-13 12:15:21

hi, having got over the horrific early days, am trying to introduce a bottle to DS3. So far (a few attempts) he's not interestd, but think he was very hungry, so only wanted boob. Any advice on how best to intro a bottle for him? Would be nice if DH ciould help with the evening feed, and am only planning on him having a bedtime bottle once a day at this stage. Feel like have done really well so far, a bit relecutant to give him a bottle, TBH, but would be nice to have a bit more freedome to leave DS with DH/somebody occasionally. Also, I see the AVENt bottles now have an extra ring thing - my older ones don't - doesthis mean I'll have to keep the new bottles etc separate from the new ones (obv getting all new teats). Ta,K

laupy Mon 22-Apr-13 12:24:55

Hi, I'm afraid my DD never really took to the bottle from anyone and insisted on feeding from me. The only time she reluctantly took it was when I was out of smelling range and out of sheer hunger!

It wasn't until she was 7 months old that she finally accepted a Doidy cup and a spoon from my childminder.

It may be worth waiting another couple of months and then trying it with a spoon and cup along with weening (and then you can give him your decanted breast milk too). Best of luck.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now