Talk

Advanced search

Is my Medela Swing totally broken???

(8 Posts)
emsyj Mon 22-Apr-13 09:17:24

Help! I've just sat down to do my daily pumping session and the milk is not dropping into the bottle but instead shooting up the transparent tube that leads from the top of the pump to the electric unit. I've turned it off and the milk has now fallen from the tube into the bottle but I think it will shortly make its way up to the electric parts so I can't pump with it like that. Is it totally beyond repair now? This is my last baby and she's nearly 3 months old so I don't think I can justify the expense of a new one sad.

MoreSnowPlease Mon 22-Apr-13 09:36:03

Go to a childrens centre, you can rent them for about £10 or sometimes free, not medela swing but a good pump if you don't need a really strong suction?

emsyj Mon 22-Apr-13 09:40:33

I'm going up there this morning as it happens so I will ask, thanks - just been looking at prices for a new pump and if I can hire cheaply that would be better! thanks

catscherrygirl23 Mon 22-Apr-13 09:44:40

That's happened to mine a few times but it's still going strong on baby no 2 and nothing had blown up yet!

emsyj Mon 22-Apr-13 09:45:48

How do you stop it cats?????

catscherrygirl23 Mon 22-Apr-13 09:51:05

Let it dry out a bit and clean the tubes. Open and close the bit where it falls down into the bottle (sorry don't know technical term!) and it rights itself. Think it is just when that bit fails to open and the milk has nowhere else to go but back upwards and into the tube. Worst case you can buy new parts from boots etc rather getting a whole new pump. Good luck!

harverina Mon 22-Apr-13 10:05:16

How old is it? I took mine back after 9 months as the motor failed and exchanged it for another swing. I got mine in baby's r us and still had the receipt.

emsyj Mon 22-Apr-13 13:43:55

Aha, perfect again catscherrygirl23 !!! thanks thanks thanks

Sadly harverina it's about 3 years old and I don't have a receipt so if it's knackered, it's knackered!!! Although so far so good with the repair... grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now