Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Bruised feeling boob

(5 Posts)
sunnysunnyshine Sun 21-Apr-13 10:26:15

Dd is almost 3 wks and I'm EBF. Since last night one of my boobs has been really sore at the bottom. I thought it was just my bra being uncomfortable but it's still painful today and looks slightly red.

Could this be mastitis? And if so is antibiotics the only way to get rid, or can it go away by itself if its only slight?

I've been feeding dd from it as normal...

Thanks!

sleepythegiraffe Sun 21-Apr-13 11:04:30

It may be a blocked duct or may be the start of mastitis. With mastitis you tend to feel unwell, temp and flu like. Keep feeding from the sore side because you need to keep the milk moving. Apply heat and try to massage gently behind the lump.

Rest lots and drink plenty of water. Hope it clears for you. No harm in going to the Dr if it does not clear or you start to feel unwell.

Take ibuprofen over the day to reduce inflammation too. apply hot compress or have hot bath or shower, massage firmly with knuckles from under arm over the lump and towards nipple and try reverse pressure massage too. If you feel fluey or temperature-y then get thee to a doctor for anti-biotics

sunnysunnyshine Sun 21-Apr-13 14:34:15

Thanks both, I've taken your advice... it's a bit better now thankfully. Will go to docs if it gets worse again though...

sleepythegiraffe Sun 21-Apr-13 14:37:08

Hope it continues to feel better.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now