Talk

Advanced search

I need some sleep!

(5 Posts)
MadameJosephine Sun 21-Apr-13 08:31:56

My 23 week old DD is EBF and since about 8 weeks old has had the same night time pattern. Bath at 5.30, bf at 6 and asleep by 7. We then don't usually hear a peep from her until about 11 when I feed her again before I go to sleep then she wakes once to be fed, occasionally twice before getting up about 6-6.30. Lovely routine, I have been very lucky sleep wise, she's in a co-sleeper right next to me so night feeds are easy.

BUT, the last 3 nights I have had barely any sleep at all, she's still sleeping 7-11 but once I'm in bed she has been waking at least hourly, sometimes less and I'm shattered. Is this just a growth spurt? She hasn't increased her feeds during the day, just at night. I tried offering the breast every 2 hours during the day yesterday to see if I could fill her up during the day but it didn't make any difference. Any suggestions?

bringmeroses Sun 21-Apr-13 08:44:33

Yes it's a growth spurt. I'd advise going with it - just as it starts to feel as tho its a permanent change, the feeding pattern will alter again!

HappyAsASandboy Sun 21-Apr-13 08:48:25

I think it will just be a phase too. I would just go with it, as the alternative is to try and do something which will probably involve less sleep, more crying and get results at the same time as the phase would have passed anyway grin

But then I am a path-of-least-resistance type parent with things like sleep.

CitrusyOne Sun 21-Apr-13 08:49:02

Sounds just like my dd, she'd been really settled with her sleep and then at about 5 months she started waking every 3 sometimes every 2 hours. I was going almost batty. She's 6 months today, and gradually she seems to be coming out of it. I know she's just been through a big 'wonder week' and the health visitor said a growth spurt. Whatever, she's been so active rolling around her cot and she just doesn't seem to have slept deeply. It WILL pass x

MadameJosephine Mon 22-Apr-13 18:31:30

Thanks everybody, I think you were all right it looks like it might just be a blip.last night was bed at 7, feed at 10.30, again at 02.30 and up at 6, I can handle that!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: