Talk

Advanced search

Nursing cover recommendations please

(9 Posts)
Izzybuzzybuzzybees Sat 20-Apr-13 12:29:11

Hello. I go on holiday in two weeks and am breastfeeding my 5.5 month old son. Normally I do the good old mumsnet two top one up one down rule but I'm hoping it'll be too hot for this. I've found a few nice strapless dresses so thought I could pop boob over the top and maybe use one of these covers. There are a few in the market and they vary greatly in price so I'm looking for personal recommendations if possible! I'm not sure how he will take to being covered over either! I don't think I cold manage with just a scarf etc said be worried of it dropping!

SpottyTeacakes Sat 20-Apr-13 12:32:42

Where are you going on holiday? You could just tie a muslin round hour neck and drape it over? Cheap and cool grin

noblegiraffe Sat 20-Apr-13 12:42:01

Wouldn't a cover be really hot, like a tent?
I do the boob over the top thing and drape a muslin over my shoulder and lean forward when latching on, then when she's on just lay it over the top of my boob so her face is still exposed but my boob isn't.

Izzybuzzybuzzybees Sat 20-Apr-13 12:47:47

Going to Ibiza smile I suppose a cover may be too hot...hadn't actually thought of that just the covering up aspect. My mum isn't keen in me feeding in public at th event of times even when I'm discreet and when I mentioned the fact I'd pop boob over my dress she was noticibly mortified. She already calls me brazen for feeding in public!

SpottyTeacakes Sat 20-Apr-13 12:53:48

Oh ignore your mum. Also it's Spain, they won't bat an eyelid it's not like you're going to one of the ME countries

KB02 Sat 20-Apr-13 12:57:52

I think a muslin would be fine and I've found the cheaper ones to be a bit 'holier' so may be nice and cool.

WouldBeHarrietVane Sat 20-Apr-13 12:59:09

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

noblegiraffe Sat 20-Apr-13 13:02:09

Don't loads of people go topless on Spanish beaches? With a baby on your boob you'd be more covered up than them!

Izzybuzzybuzzybees Sat 20-Apr-13 14:07:47

I'll go hunting for some extra large muslins then smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now