Talk

Advanced search

Lumpy breasts 8 months into breastfeeding

(5 Posts)
Lonelybunny Fri 19-Apr-13 08:27:19

I've got really lumpy breasts , I'm big breasted anyway . But I've noticed a couple if larger lumps which I can grab onto about 2 cm long but not particularly hard and not painful. I don't think it's a bloct ducts as I've had it for a couple of weeks and I don't notice a change after feeding either. I am trying to get a GP appt , has anyone experienced this before?

cathan Fri 19-Apr-13 10:04:42

I didn't have this (bf for 8 months with DD and 9 months with DS) and, since you say it doesn't feel like blocked ducts and I'm guessing that you're otherwise well, I would definitely go to the GP.

Lonelybunny Fri 19-Apr-13 10:06:38

Hello Cathan thank you for your reply. Been to GP and she said she is sure it's glandular breast tissue? She said she couldn't feel a lump but I said its right here look I can grab onto it , she said to leave it alone and come back in a month?

cathan Fri 19-Apr-13 10:23:53

Breasts can be a bit lumpy at times, I suppose. Still, it's a worry, isn't it? Certainly you should return after a month if you still feel there's something not right and I would go back sooner if you feel any change. Hope it turns out to be just one of those things!

Lonelybunny Fri 19-Apr-13 10:33:06

Yes me too sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now