Talk

Advanced search

Lumpy breasts 8 months into breastfeeding

(5 Posts)
Lonelybunny Fri 19-Apr-13 08:27:19

I've got really lumpy breasts , I'm big breasted anyway . But I've noticed a couple if larger lumps which I can grab onto about 2 cm long but not particularly hard and not painful. I don't think it's a bloct ducts as I've had it for a couple of weeks and I don't notice a change after feeding either. I am trying to get a GP appt , has anyone experienced this before?

cathan Fri 19-Apr-13 10:04:42

I didn't have this (bf for 8 months with DD and 9 months with DS) and, since you say it doesn't feel like blocked ducts and I'm guessing that you're otherwise well, I would definitely go to the GP.

Lonelybunny Fri 19-Apr-13 10:06:38

Hello Cathan thank you for your reply. Been to GP and she said she is sure it's glandular breast tissue? She said she couldn't feel a lump but I said its right here look I can grab onto it , she said to leave it alone and come back in a month?

cathan Fri 19-Apr-13 10:23:53

Breasts can be a bit lumpy at times, I suppose. Still, it's a worry, isn't it? Certainly you should return after a month if you still feel there's something not right and I would go back sooner if you feel any change. Hope it turns out to be just one of those things!

Lonelybunny Fri 19-Apr-13 10:33:06

Yes me too sad

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: