Talk

Advanced search

Stylish nursing dress needed...quickly!

(9 Posts)
lazzaroo Thu 18-Apr-13 14:35:39

have a party next weekend & a wedding next month. Had ordered a dress from mamas & papas on basis of great reviews but it looks terrible on. Makes me look like I'm still pregnant! Been browsing on line & they all look so frumpy! Am size 10/12, early 30's. Just after something that makes me feel nice!

Am not a confident feeder in public but maybe I need a non nursing dress that is accessible?! Either way I'm running out of time.

Anyone got any suggestions?

JiltedJohnsJulie Thu 18-Apr-13 15:09:16

How about this?

oscarwilde Thu 18-Apr-13 15:44:08

Hmm - stylish nursing dress. I think that's an oxymoron. I wore an LK Bennett dress to a wedding with a 6 week old. They don't have anything similar on their website that I can link to, sorry. It was sleeveless, v necked, empire line with a drapey chiffon skirt (so handy for the post preg pudge) and had pleated fabric over the boobs. I just slipped off each shoulder strap and bared a boob. I wore a feeding burka [bebe au lait] to preserve some modesty.
It worked really well, the only issue was some slight dribbling which because the dress was chiffon, the moisture showed up immediately.

lazzaroo Thu 18-Apr-13 16:00:02

Thanks for suggestions. I think you are right - I'm on an impossible mission! I have oversupply and quick letdown (have to be careful not to spray anyone within 2 metre radius!) so need something easy to manage & protect my modesty. It's proving difficult!

SweetTeaVodka Thu 18-Apr-13 17:35:36

I wore an Asos wrap dress to a family party the other weekend and it was a dream to feed in, just slipped the neckline down and popped DD on, very discreet,lots of people didn't realise I was feeding. Can't find the exact one I have but they have a fair few dresses with that sort of neckline - it was so comfy to feed in I ordered a few more. www.asos.com/search/Wrap?hrd=1&q=Wrap#state=Rf900=1465&parentID=-1&pge=0&pgeSize=200&sort=-1

EauRouge Thu 18-Apr-13 17:49:26

Try here.

whatsoever Thu 18-Apr-13 18:33:07

I've got the Kate dress from Babes with Babies. Worn it to two dos and it's been great. I wore a pashmina too for extra security when I felt a bit "on show" feeding.

I'm thinking of getting another dress from them for DS' naming ceremony.

leedy Thu 18-Apr-13 19:12:06

I have this in green and it looks pretty glam - even had some non-mums at a christening ask me where I got it as it doesn't look like a nursing dress.

lazzaroo Thu 18-Apr-13 19:20:10

Thank you. Like a couple of options on babes with babies. What's the sizing like? Am 10-12 depending on the shop!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now