Talk

Advanced search

Stopped bfing, leaky boobs, confused!!!!!

(6 Posts)
Bunny19 Wed 17-Apr-13 10:16:58

Right I'll start from the beginning.................

My DD is 7 months old and was ebf up untill about 3 weeks ago, she had been feeding less and less for a few weeks untill one day she just completely point blank refused to latch on (it was like i was trying to poison her!) I tried everything, she wasn't having any of it! After a few days of tears and stress for me and her and then me getting a stomach bug I decided enough was enough, I went and brought some formula she guzzled down the whole lot without batting an eyelid and has continued to do so ever since!

After stopping I never got engorged or sore boobs or anything, I wondered whether maybe I had dried up and that would of explanied the sudden not feeding from DD?

2 weeks later it suddenly caught up with me, my boobs were engorged, sore, lumpy, one was ALOT worse than the other, this lasted a couple of days and then they went down and felt like normal boobs again!

3 days later I'm leaking colostrum out of one boob?????? So far its been going on, on and off, all night and so far today aswel!

Is all this normal, it is not at all what I was expecting, everyone I have spoken to had sore boobs as soon as they stopped feeing which went down after a while and then that was it!

Also how long did it take peoples periods to come back??

shouldibecrossaboutthis Wed 17-Apr-13 10:38:34

could you be pregnant?

ExBrightonBell Wed 17-Apr-13 10:39:59

I also was wondering if you could be pregnant as it could explain some of the symptoms you're describing!

Bunny19 Wed 17-Apr-13 10:58:42

I had been worrying about this..................

I have taken a couple of tests that were negative, although I had about 6 negatives before I got a positive when I was expecting DD!

I guess i'll just have to wait and keep testing!

shouldibecrossaboutthis Wed 17-Apr-13 12:38:17

I think the DR could do a blood test?

Bunny19 Wed 17-Apr-13 13:19:28

Maybe I'll try that, although my docs are useless for getting an appointment that isnt 3 weeks away!

Should I have had a period by now do you think? I suppose it varies from woman to woman doesn't it! It's so frustrating!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now