Talk

Advanced search

Baby becoming boob obsessed (whilst not feeding)

(5 Posts)
honeytea Tue 16-Apr-13 19:26:36

My baby boy is 4 months old, bf is going really well for both of us I inted to ebf till 6 months and then continue bf alongside baby led weaning.

Recently he has become obsessed with boobs, my boobs and other people's boobs.

He will feed but then become angry that there is still milk coming out because he just wants to snuggle with my boob, I have resorted to giving him his dummy and letting snuggle with a boob whilst he calms down.

He strokes the breast like you would stroke a cat and if my dp sits too close to me my baby throws his head back with his eyes wide open like he is afraid dp might be coming to steal "his" boob.

if other women hold my baby he just stares at their chest, he wont look at their face even if they are singing/chatting to him.

Is this normal?

feekerry Tue 16-Apr-13 19:56:27

yep. it passes in phases.
my dd is 13m and often sits just stroking my boobs or generally just puts her hands down there for a rummage around lol!!!

BumgrapesofWrath Tue 16-Apr-13 20:00:01

My DS1 fondled a waitresses boobs once. And we gave up bf at 20 months, but he still fondles them now at 2 and a half!

I put it down to the fact my DS never had a comfort object! So, my boobs are his comfort.

spanky2 Tue 16-Apr-13 20:02:49

I immediately thought you had a boy! grin

honeytea Tue 16-Apr-13 20:04:27

bumgrapes I worry about my boobs becoming his comfort object, they are just so un-detachable!

I wonder if I introduce a cosy blanket or teddy whilst I feed he might start to attatch his cosy feelings to that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now