Talk

Advanced search

How much formula for combination feeding 7 month old

(6 Posts)
IAmJacksRagingBileDuct Tue 16-Apr-13 09:39:15

I'm going back to work on 1st May, dd2 will be 7 months and has been ebf since birth. She's weaning onto solids well so has three 'proper' meals a day with as much milk included as well as continued bf usually morning, mid morning, mid afternoon, bedtime and once if I'm lucky through the night.

She's going to go to our childminder with dd1 so I need to make arrangements for milk in the daytime, I'm getting confused about what to do. She's only had a bottle of ebm a few times and the last two attempts at that were a catastrophic fail so I've sort of abandoned my hope of expressing and providing ebm and bottles. If I give formula how do I know how much to give as the packet guidelines are based on exclusively ff and I still intend to continue bf when I'm not at work.

So, sorry this has dragged on, assuming she'll be missing two milk feeds a day how much formula should she have instead? And is it ok to give her a cup or do I need to try again with a bottle?

Thanks for reading, any advice appreciated.

IAmJacksRagingBileDuct Tue 16-Apr-13 18:37:07

Anyone?

IAmJacksRagingBileDuct Tue 16-Apr-13 22:03:46

Bump...

meadowwalker Tue 16-Apr-13 22:15:05

I started some formula feeds when my son was about 9 months. I offered 5oz each time because he usually had it all but sometimes left a bit and he didn't seem hungry after it. He might have had more sometimes if it had been offered but he is quite greedy! I guess in your situation I would rather my child had more milk than they needed than went hungry so I would offer quite a lot and see what they had.

shouldibecrossaboutthis Wed 17-Apr-13 09:26:30

I would make what the tin says and she can drink as much or as little as she wants?

IAmJacksRagingBileDuct Wed 17-Apr-13 09:58:33

I guess so, I was just worried about potentially over feeding? But you're right I don't want her to be hungry. Thanks for your replies.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now