Talk

Advanced search

We've spent weeks researching and testing breast pumps and bottles in real homes with real families. Read our baby feeding bottle and breast pump reviews to find out which ones were awarded Mumsnet Best.

Not sure where to go from here

(2 Posts)
TerrysNo2 Tue 16-Apr-13 07:54:30

DD is 17mo and since she was 1 she only has 1 feed a day, in the morning before work. She's never been big into feeding (unlike DS) and was a very efficient feeder.

in the last few weeks she has been very uninterested in her morning feed, some days she will feed for 3/4 minutes but other days, like today, she will latch on for about 2 seconds and no amount of offering will entice her for more. sad

I planned to feed her until she was 2 (as WHO recommends) but I wonder of DD has other ideas.

Have you experienced this? Should I give up or keep offering? Thanks!

Drladybird Tue 16-Apr-13 11:19:00

Hello,
I've just stopped bf because my daughter turned 2 and I wanted to meet the recommendations too. My daughter was only feeding once per day as well. She would've happily continued past 2 but I was ready to stop so that is what we have done. DD has been absolutely fine with it but there is a part of me that thinks that I would've liked her to self wean. Perhaps that is just what your little one is doing. Or she could be teething? I'd keep offering and see how it goes for a little while longer.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: