Talk

Advanced search

Loosing my milk, help please!

(5 Posts)
tashaw28 Sun 14-Apr-13 21:21:28

My 7 month old is EBF and in the last few weeks I have been loosing my supply, they no longer feel full ever, even after she sleeps all night, I have been eating and drinking lots, and taking some Mother Love More Milk plus pills, am I missing a trick here?
Does anyone know if stress can effect your supply too?
Thanks

fridayfreedom Sun 14-Apr-13 21:28:03

When you get to this stage your milk production is totally in tune with your baby's needs so you will not feel so full. In the early days you overproduce hence the fullness. Later on it will be difficult to tell if you are feeding or not. So long as your baby is satisfied after a feed and is gaining weight all is well.

midori1999 Sun 14-Apr-13 21:34:39

It's very unlikely that after 7 months of breastfeeding your supply would dry up or reduce enough to matter. things that could cause it To reduce are the combined pill or giving lots of other drinks and so reducing the number of breastfeeds. Stress doesn't affect your supply (mother nature would have done a terrible job if it did, having a newborn is one of the most stressful parts of most people's lives. smile ) but stress can temporarily affect let downs.

It's normal for the breasts to feel less full or even 'empty' all or most of the time as the duration of breastfeeding increases, your body knows just how much to make. My DD is 22 months now and my breast (I only feed from one side) always feels empty, even if I have skipped breastfeeds for 24 hours. They started to feel less full from around 6 months and that feeling has gradually increased.

tashaw28 Sun 14-Apr-13 21:39:16

Thanks was just panicing I think, she doesn't feed for long but is on 3 meals a day so I guess I should stop worrying!

Robbabank Sun 14-Apr-13 21:39:22

Hi this was normal for me too. Don't worry. If they are still feeding, then they are still getting milk!
Try to rest as usual, because you are still feeding a growing child and stress and lack of food/water/rest will just make you tired and ill. Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now