Talk

Advanced search

Nursing aversion (24mo) at 10w pg

(3 Posts)
HorryIsUpduffed Sat 13-Apr-13 22:28:13

I did an advanced search for advice but can't find what I'm after, but do please point me in the right direction for previous threads if this is an obvious repeat.

DC1 self-weaned at 26m when I was 8w pg with DC2. A damn good thing because I was suddenly so nursing-averse I practically threw him across the room every time he latched on. He was only feeding once a day, and not much as the supply seemed to have dwindled, and didn't seem to miss it.

I am now 10w pg. DC2 is 24m and feeds 3-6 times a day. If permitted, he will drain both breasts, complain that it is all gone after not very long (dwindling supply again I assume), then whinge for more.

Some feeds I feel a serious physical aversion. It's not the "you've been attached to me all day long, give me two minutes to go to the loo for crying out loud" touched-out feeling, but the "GET OFF GET OFF GET OFF" feeling. This has come on over the last few days (i.e. 10+0 - 10+4)

But other feeds are still, well, not normal precisely but tolerable.

He doesn't look like he's in any hurry to self-wean but I am losing the plot. Ideologically I would vastly prefer him to self-wean, but more realistically I think it's more likely that he won't, and I'll need to stop him. But I have no idea how to do that as our sleep routines are so tied to bf. We co-sleep from around midnight when he typically wakes, until morning, and he feeds at least once in that time, and first thing in the morning.

Does anyone have any sage advice or kind words? I feel bad to hate bf so much as I've been such an advocate for such a long time and had sort of buried the nursing aversion I felt with DC1.

PseudoBadger Sun 14-Apr-13 05:57:18

I feel the same (14 weeks pg with dc2, 27 month DS), but I don't have an aversion, I'd just like him to stop soon.
But our sleep situations sound exactly the same. Feeding has become quite painful the last few days. But he still loves it. I don't know what to do sad
Hope you get some replies.

HorryIsUpduffed Sun 14-Apr-13 08:08:18

Thanks for your response. Two of us stuck between a rock and a hard place hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now