Talk

Advanced search

Thrush

(4 Posts)
LittleJack15 Sat 13-Apr-13 09:10:14

My little one is four weeks old and was breastfeeding really well and then he started pulling back off my breast. My nipples became very sore and I thought it was because he kept pulling off my breast but I think it might be thrush. There is no other sign a part from my nipples sore and little one pulling back off my breast and getting a little upset at times. But he doesn't do this all the time.
Does any one know how to get rid of it or help get rid.

LittleJack15 Sat 13-Apr-13 09:57:12

I was rude sorry I didn't say please.
X

noblegiraffe Sat 13-Apr-13 10:05:51

Check this useful leaflet on diagnosing thrush, it's possible the pain is from a poor latch or tongue tie rather than thrush?

breastfeedingnetwork.org.uk/pdfs/Differential_Diagnosis_of_Nipple_Pain_March_2009.pdf

Are you using Lansinoh on your nipples after feeding? This can help if they are simply sore from feeding - if your baby is pulling them as he comes off then this will hurt them!

I think you need a bfing expert to observe a feed to try to find out why baby is pulling off. Getting checked for tongue tie would be a good idea too.

LittleJack15 Sat 13-Apr-13 10:30:01

Thank you. I've had a breastfeeding lady and that's the weird thing everything seemed to be going well. Also got the lanisoh cream, because I thought it was the pulling back that made them sore, but not sure now.
Never heard of tongue tie. Is it common?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now