Talk

Advanced search

9 month old on Nursing strike

(4 Posts)
flic22s Fri 12-Apr-13 12:13:09

My 9 month old DS has dropped down to 3 feeds a day but is becoming even more fussy he refused his bedtime feed a couple of days ago and has refused any milk so far today , he just screams. I have being trying to pump since he dropped his lunch feed so the milk could go on his cereal and maintain my supply as he is exclusively BF and I do not want to introduce formula but I can't get a let down so am lucky to get 20 mls a go. Any ideas re the stike or improving pumping

JiltedJohnsJulie Fri 12-Apr-13 13:51:07

Are you offering the breast roughly an hour before solids? Have you read the kellymom info on nursing strikes. The only other thing I can suggest s ringing one of the bfing helplines, have you got the numbers?

ClimbingPenguin Fri 12-Apr-13 15:21:05

Normally it is a good idea to rule out illness with the GP, ear infections are a common culprit.

Other than that, it is about staying sane, not pushing the feeding too much and getting through it. At this age it can last a week but supply is well established and will come back once he returns to feeding.

flic22s Fri 12-Apr-13 15:33:32

Thanks he eventually fed at 1pm and had a good long feed, I think he is just too keen on his solids so will start BF first he has no problems with his solids so that should work I hope he happily ate his normal amount at lunch about 2

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now