Talk

Advanced search

5 months old bites me every feed. How can I stop her?

(4 Posts)
spekulatius Fri 12-Apr-13 09:43:01

I've seen threads on here before about babies biting and the mothers seem to tell the baby to stop. Well there is no way that mine has any idea what she is doing, she just smiles at me when I pull her off screaming. I really want to carry on bf until she's at least a year but now I'm dreading every feed! Any advice? She's only got 1 tooth btw.

TanteRose Fri 12-Apr-13 09:46:58

she's smiling because she is getting a great reaction from you!

you need to stifle the scream, take (NOT pull) her off the breast and shut up shop for a while i.e. don't offer her your boob

after a while, put her back on, but again, take her off straight away if she bites and say "no biting"

she'll get it in the end smile

Oopla Sun 14-Apr-13 19:47:32

DS was a biter, he would laugh at me when I said no and took him off the breast.
I know that feeling of dread spekulatis (())

It seemed to go on for a few weeks when he was at his worst time with teething then stopped. We're past the 1 yr mark now and he's not bitten for months.

Fingers crossed your DD stops soon, hang in there smile

JiltedJohnsJulie Sun 14-Apr-13 22:47:00

I nearly gave up at 7 months through biting. Thankfully I rang the nct bfing helpline and the suggestions that the BFC gave me to try really worked. Might be worth giving them a call in the morning, in the meantime have a read of this on kellymom smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now