Talk

Advanced search

sTTN -supply issues?

(4 Posts)
Droflove Tue 09-Apr-13 07:44:01

Hi, my ds is 12wo and has been before till about 2 weeks ago when I introduced formula for his dream feed (dh gives at 10-11pm). It's going really well and I express as much as possible from 9-10pm so to not damage my supply. I use the expressed bottle the next day to top up my last bf of the day at about 7pm. He has started sleeping till 4 or 5am recently and at first I was v. Uncomfortable with engorgement but it seems to have settled down at night to match his pattern which is fine but now I am paranoid that it is affecting my daytime supply. I only got 3.5oz expressing last night at 10 when my previous feed had been at 6pm! Surely I should have had v. Full breasts by this point? I really want to continue bf during the day so any advice would be welcome.

Droflove Tue 09-Apr-13 07:45:17

'Been ebf'ed till about 2 weeks ago....'

TinyTear Tue 09-Apr-13 13:30:56

I think at that age, you need to express once in the middle of the night, if you aren't feeding, like at 2 or 3am... that helps keep the supply up.

any reason you are using formula? do you express whenever the baby gets a bottle? other wise your body may think that milk is no longer necessary

Droflove Tue 09-Apr-13 23:04:59

I read that formula is twice as slow to digest which is why ff babies tend to sleep longer between feeds. I was trying to gain that advantage as well as have one part of the day that wasn't reliant on me.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: