Talk

Advanced search

Nursing bras

(11 Posts)
OohShiny Mon 08-Apr-13 23:35:12

How long do I need to wear one at night?!

I'm currently breast feeding my snuggly 2 week old DD and have been wearing a nursing bra and breast pads just about 24/7. Will I get to a stage that I can sleep without them, or will my breasts leak the whole time I'm breast feeding? I'm already longing for a night without the bra on but don't want to wake up a soggy mess!

Cyee Mon 08-Apr-13 23:45:38

Congrats on your new baby smileI think it depends in each person. For me (bf 3 DCs) I have always worn one with pads. I am very leaky! I know it's different for others. HTH.

OohShiny Tue 09-Apr-13 03:16:54

Thanks. I was hoping once my supply settled down I might be able to get away with not wearing them but probably not!

junemami Tue 09-Apr-13 04:01:27

After a few weeks I moved onto vests with a support shelf bit, not at all supportive but kept my pads in place! From M&s. Wear with pj top & they keep your stomach warm during night feeds.
It does get better, I can even sleep on my front again now smile

MyNameIsSuz Tue 09-Apr-13 04:10:11

I like those belvia bras for night time, it's not like wearing a real bra. You can just pull it down for a feed.

louschmoo Tue 09-Apr-13 09:17:36

Yes, i recommend the belvia bras for night time. No support at all if you have big boobs but almost unnoticeable to wear and keep the pads in place.

OohShiny Tue 09-Apr-13 09:20:29

I have humongous boobs! I may invest in some vest tops with the 'support shelf' just to escape the horror that are my nursing bras at nught. It's bad enough I have to go out in public in them, let alone wear them all the time apart from when I'm in the shower!

MrsHoarder Tue 09-Apr-13 09:25:22

I never did. Just slept on a towel to spare the mattress from night time leaks for the first month or two of bf.

TinyTear Tue 09-Apr-13 13:29:04

14 months on I still do... the only time I tried not to I woke soaked

Isandri Tue 09-Apr-13 18:09:27

I'm using a carriwell seam free bra at night. It's very comfortable.

BumbleBee2011 Tue 09-Apr-13 20:47:57

I started wearing a sleep bra for leaks, but then after a few months carried on wearing it for the support, felt like things were "flapping about" otherwise! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now